Today was a crazy awesome, exciting day.
It started off with me giving a tour that I ALMOST forgot about. It was for two people from our district. While we were getting ready to go, four people walked up and asked if they could tag along. They were from another senator's office, and they were about 30 minutes early and they just wanted to go ahead and go. Turns out, they were from Macedonia, so it was all very exciting for them. We went on our tour, and when we got near the Senate chamber, the door was open, so they were able to look down the hall from into the chamber itself, which was something I've never had a tour be able to do. So I told them "this is the best tour I've ever been able to give, y'all are lucky!" So we kept going on our way into the Statuary Hall. I told them the story of how I got to see the Speaker, and they were all wowed. We went to the stairwell to go down to the Crypt, and the Speaker herself walked under us! So I told them, "You know what? Back up! We're going to go look down the hall to her office and you'll get to see her." Right as we got there, she popped out of the stairwell! She saw our little group, stopped, looked at us, and said "Well hello, welcome to the Capitol!" And then she went in her office. Everyone was like "WHOA!!!!!!!" So we went back down the stairs. One of the ladies had double-knee replacements, so she wasn't able to go very fast. I was at the bottom, and I looked to my left, and there's Steny Hoyer. He was waiting for our group to get down. He noticed she was having trouble, so he went up the 5 or 6 steps up and took her arm and helped her down the steps. She had no idea who he was. When he left, I told her, and she was blown away. Even though I don't agree with their politics, they sure are nice. It was by far the best tour I've given.
Tonight, we had an awards ceremony with the Embassy of the Philippines. I was supposed to go get some of their delegation and escort them through security. Turns out, after much confusion, I had to go a couple blocks away to help them deal with the police and get them through the barrier. I helped them get in, and helped them figure out their way around. By the end, they loved me! They're so sweet! They were such kind people. They invited me to come to the Embassy and visit, so I think I'm going to go next week.
Also, I start working at the Loft on Thursday! It'll be good times!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment