Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Today was slow/not slow and boring/not boring. Ironic, I know.

It started off with me giving a tour to 20 German exchange students who were here in the US for 3 weeks. So it was kinda interesting to see what they were interested/not interested in, or maybe just what I interpreted as non-interest was really just them not understanding a word I said. I dunno. When I got to the statue of Ronald Reagan in the Rotunda, I showed them the big chunks of the Berlin Wall in there, and they thought that was pretty cool, seeing as they were from East Berlin,... minus the whole not-knowing-who-Reagan-was thing. Minor detail. I honestly figured out of all the presidents in the 20th century, they would know Reagan, but they didn't have a clue. They were asking me for cool places to go in DC, and I almost had a faux pas and told them to go to the Holocaust Museum (cause it's my favorite museum here)totally forgetting that they're GERMAN, and EAST German at that. Oh geez.

After that, I came back to the office and did different odd jobs like researching things, and fixing email addresses that were obviously mistyped for our online newsletter that people can subscribe to. You know how sometimes when you fill out an online form, how you have to put an email address? Well, when I do that, I never think that an actual human would see that- I mean, obviously the computer just knows if it's valid or not and sorts through it because that's what computers do, and usually, yes, that's what they do; most don't ever have humans do anything with the process. So, it cracked me up to see what some of the email addrsses were that people put in... like: no@youcanthavemyemail.com or stopspendingsomuch@nomorespending.com . I assume most people are like me and don't think that a human eye will ever see these addresses, so why they heck do they try to send a "message" through them? I'd just put some old email or something or leave it blank, but they actually write something political. It just cracks me up that someone's sitting on their laptop somewhere thinking about what to put in Joe Pitts' online form to "send a message" through their phony name that they come up with. So lame haha.

Also, I had the most HILARIOUS letter come in the mail today. The best part is that it was a good-intentioned group of men in a Bible-study group sending a letter about things they were concerned about. The second paragraph of their letter said, "There are many issues we are concerned about. One of which is the right to bare arms." I don't care who ya are, I think Democrats and Republicans agree that we should all go sleeveless every once in a while... I don't know if the Amish do though... Maybe that's why they wrote... hmmmm.

I also went running tonight on the Mall. I went half-way down, then cut across and just stopped because the view was incredible. If I looked one direction, I had a perfect and clear view of the Washington Monument, and in the other direction, I had the Capitol. It was breathtaking, and it was one of those things that just gave me a "wow" moment. It was beautiful weather too. 80 and breezy. Al nearly died... apparentloy it doesn't get "hot" like that in New York. HA.

1 comment:

  1. Reading about your day is a perfect ending to my day. This all said in a non-stalker-ish way...yeah. =)

    ReplyDelete