When it rains, it pours... in a good way.
Today I had two interviews lined up: one with Congressman Goodlatte's COS as an informational interview to learn about some opportunities in the district. Turns out, there are some that I would be a good fit for apparently. My second interview was with Congressman Linder's office for a staff assistant position. It went very well. I'm very impressed with the office, and the staff see
I'm genuinely content with working there. I'm also very impressed with the way the member is actually interactive with the work that goes on, and is involved- as opposed to some members who let the staff do all the work and just cast votes and attend meetings. The lady who interviewed me asked me to come back for a second interview next week, so they'll be getting in touch with me. It looks promising, and I'm very excited about the possibilities.
In between those two interviews, I got a phone call from... Ann Taylor Loft! The manager there told me a position "opened up" for me, and that they would love to have me work there! So now I have a part-time job for some extra income! I'm excited about that.
I also checked out some place to rent a room, and I found a couple of locations with some good Christian girls, so I'll be checking those out next week once I discover if I have a job/get my Loft schedule. Things are looking up!
Tomorrow, I might get to meet the president of the Phillipines!! We're having a reception so she can give Mr. Pitts an award, and I'm escorting her assistants through security so that they can set up and do a security sweep. Super cool stuff!!! I love my job!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment