Sunday, March 7, 2010

I got to go to Lynchburg this weekend! It was FANTASTIC!

It was the first time I had ridden a train, and I've decided that I like it WAY more than flying. For one, you don't have to show up 3 million hours before you leave to go through security. That's because there IS no security. You literally just walk up to the train and flash your ticket and you're on. Another reason is that you get to keep your bag with you, which is super nice. However, a down-side is that someone can just grab my ticket and pretend to be me (cause they don't ask for id) and bring whatever they want in a bag and blow the train up. But I try not to think about that kinda stuff. I just enjoy the ride. It didn't feel like a 3.5 hour ride to Lynchburg; it went by pretty fast. The seats are so comfortable that if you're smart/lucky and get both seats on your row, you can curl up and sleep.

So I got to Lynchburg and discovered that Sabby and David were waiting there with a lovely blatantly yellow sign and smiley face balloon. Just in case I couldn't pick them out from the crowd.

We went to go get Chinese food, cause I hadn't eaten that day hardly, and I can't just go to Lynchburg without getting my favorite Chinese in the whole wide world. After that, I had to go change from my work clothes in Sabby's room, and go get in the car with Sabby, David, and Sarah. They BLINDFOLDED me and apparently drove me alllll around campus to get me disoriented, and brought me up to Snowflex. Jerks. When they let me look, I discovered that I had a whole bunch of friends up there waiting for me and they had a cookie cake and stuff! It was so sweet! We had a good time, which is unfortunate, because I still am against Snowflex. However, I guess I can take advantage of it. Ugh.

The next day, I woke up to go get my nails done at California Nails on Candler's Mtn. Road and Wards. They did the best fill I've ever gotten. It's definitely worth the $28, which is so much cheaper than what I pay in DC. After that, I went to go meet up with Jessica, Kalea, Karissa, and Amy at Panera. It was so good to see them! It was beautiful outside, for the first time this year, so we ate outside.

After getting back to Sabby's room to pick her up, we decided to just go drive around Lynchburg. After about 10 minutes of driving, I made the off-the-cuff remark of "Ha, if we left now, we could go to Captain George's in Williamsburg for dinner." And Sabby said "Turn the car around." So we drove off to Captain George's. It was DELICIOUS! I just love that. It's my favorite place in the whole wide world. It's been a year since I've been there, so I was ready to go back. Sabby loved it too. We got back around 1am this morning. I did most of the driving, which was GREAT because I haven't driven in two months. I got about six hours in yesterday, so I think I made up for it.

This morning, I left at 10 for DC, and I slept most of the way. I was home by 2 this afternoon. So I swept and unpacked and took a nap for about 45 minutes. It felt like I had some of my day left still.

Now the Oscars are on! It's great... I just love it.

Tomorrow, a group from Christian Heritage in Longview is coming to do a tour of the Capitol, so I'm going to meet up with them and say hi and talk to the kids for a few minutes before I start work. It'll be nice to see people from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment