Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Our new Staff Assistant began work today. It'll be so nice to share the workload with someone again! We're still munchin' on chocolate. Still. Will be for a few weeks probably. I had this random guy call and ask me to read him the Stupak-Pitts Amendment word for word. When we finally pulled it up, he asked I could just email it to him, which is against office policy, so when I said no, he had me read it to him slowly so he could write it down... word for word. I read it slowly, and then he would tell me that he stopped writing a few sentences ago, and to start over again. And that continued for about 10 minutes. Talk about wanting to slam your head against a wall!

Our yeller didn't call today; I just realized that and my day just doesn't feel complete. She did leave a voicemail though... so I guess that counts.

I had a very awkward elevator experience this afternoon. For some reason, people just feel compelled to make comments and break the deadly silence on elevators. I'm not one of those people. I can ride in an elevator in complete silence and enjoy every second. I think I'm becoming northern... shoot me. So anyways. Me and this other guy are waiting for an elevator, and this middle-aged congressman comes up and waits along with us. You can tell who they are by the way, because they wear a special lapel pin. So this congressman is waiting with us, and when we all three step on the elevator and turn around, he glances at me and goes "That's a very nicely colored shirt..." To which I respond "...Thank you." And he finished up the compliment with "...Fall colors." "Yes sir." *insert smile and nodding of the head* Awkward. I suppose you could consider them fall colors, but I didn't think navy blue and yellow were associated with a season.

It's cold. And rainy.

Also. My right eye keeps twitching. It has been for a month. This is getting really weird... I think it's karma coming back to bite me for all those times I made fun of twitching eyes while growing up.

When we came back, we discovered that we had two lamps brought into our room. That was super nice. They definitely add a homey touch. LOVE it.

No comments:

Post a Comment