Sunday, March 21, 2010

Today I got to experience something extremely historical. Today we had the first church service held in the Capitol for 130 years. It was for members and staff only, and it was fantastic. We had it in Statutory Hall, and we were the first ones there. Almost as soon as we got in the room, Speaker Pelosi walked through! She did not look happy.

After the service, we were able to go into the Rotunda and take pictures in the empty room, which was great. We also went down into the room underneath the Crypt.

Then I got Subway, ate it and watched the protesters, and then went in to work. I worked till about 7:30, and then I went into the Chamber Gallery to go watch the debates. I got to watch a couple of hours of debates today. I saw Nancy Pelosi, Charlie Rangel, Barney Frank, Paul Ryan, Bart Stupak, Joe Pitts, Tom Price, and a TON of other congressmen. You name it, and I saw them. I was in an elevator with one of the members who got spit on by Tea Partiers yesterday. I've been in the thick of it the whole time. It's been FANTASTIC. I couldn't have picked a better semester to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment