Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Ok, yesterday....

Woke up at SIX (yeah, the one in the morning), and went RUNNING (yeah, the kind where you move your legs back and forth real fast) down around the Capitol for a little while. Then we came home and took showers and got ready for work. So by the time I got to work, I had been up for 3 hours. Craziness. At 1, I had a tour of the Capitol that I had to give. The tour was great: it was a mom and a 10 y.o. boy and a 6 y.o. girl. The little boy asked a ton of questions, which makes the tour so much more fun. After that I went to a briefing on Adult Stem Cell Research. After hearing the facts, it makes you realize just how much the stem cell debate really centers around the abortion issue. It all comes down to that, because there is NO scientific research that says that embryonic stem cell research is promising at all.

Today, I got to the office, got stuff all settled and answered phone calls. I had to get all the nomination/appointment certificates lined up and arranged for the Service Academy ceremony/meeting this weekend in the district. Then I had to run reports to the RSC meeting for the congressmen. Then I came back, had lunch, and worked on calling a restaurant in regards to catering something next week. After that, we had two Amish constituents come in for a meeting. AND I MISSED MY CHANCE TO MILK A COW!!!!!!!!!! Turns out, they were dairy farmers! But I didn't know about it till they left! DANG IT! I also met an ambassador today. That was cool.

This afternoon, we had a birthday/welcome to the office party for two of our staffers. It was good times had by all. Of course, awkward questions were asked and grilling occurred. The congressman was there, and he was loving getting to hold one of the staffer's baby, who was a little angel! It was so fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment