First of all, my feet hurt. I just had to get that out there. Yes, I'm less than a ten minute walk from the Cannon, but gosh that's a long ten minutes in heels. Even in flats it's a long ten minutes. And it's always longer at the end of the day for some reason.
Basically, my day starts with getting up at 6:45, getting ready while watching Fox News to get ready for the day politically, and leaving by 8:45 to get to the office at 9. At the office, I start off my day by dividing up the daily reading. It's ridiculous how much that is. For 10 people, everyone gets a copy of Roll Call, The Hill, and Politico. They also all get CQ daily and the Congressional Daily. Then certain LA's and all get different magaszines like Newsweek and World, etc. It adds up to a TON. And we fill up an entire recycling bin with just readings we don't want because we can't use it all. Then, I check the voice-mail, and take down the messages. Then I go through the faxes... somedays there's over 200 from 5pm-9am. Usually by then, the first batch of mail arrives. Because of the anthrax scare a few years ago, the mail is all pre-opened. My job is to re-open it, and decide which staffer certain issues and letters go to. Meanwhile, I'm answering constitutent phone calls and taking messages. I also do errands and gopher work, including running over to Rayburn via the tunnel system, which is like 6.8 million miles away.
Anyways, my feet hurt and I want to soak them in the tub...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment