Sunday, January 17, 2010

So here I am, laying on my bed in what's to be my home until May 1st. If I look outside my window, I can see the backyards and patios of the row-homes on the next street down. Apparently a senator lives in one of them- Rear Window, anyone? If I walk out the door and go about 3 doors down, I'm at the ACLJ; across Constitution street is the senate office buildings, and across 2nd street is the Supreme Court. Housing can't get much better than this!

I moved in my room (or... apartment... it's debatable.) yesterday. It's simple, but spacious... especially for two people. We have a room the size of a dorm back at LU, with a kitchen off of it, and a closet off of the opposing wall with a bathroom off of it. For 2 girls used to living in a dorm with 3 girls, this is the Taj Mahal.

This morning, we tried out Capitol Hill Baptist Church during the first of what will be, I'm sure, many church visits. The service was all right. Doctrinally, I was impressed by what I saw. However, the service was 2 hours long and the message, although very informative and great, took 45 minutes just to get through the first point. So, it might end up being a fallback church, since it's so close and all, but I'd like to look around some more.

Tuesday's my first day of work! I'll be interning for Rep. Joe Pitts out of the 16th district of Pennsylvania, which consists of Lancaster Co., and parts of Chester Co. and Berks Co. I'm very excited to start working, and I have a feeling it will be a great experience. I'm not quite sure what to expect, so that part just builds up the anticipation. My roomie, Alex, and I are both working in the same house building, so we'll get to walk together to and from work every day. Even though we live in what is the safest part of DC (we have a cop literally right outside out building 24/7), it's still just smarter to travel together after dark.

Anyways, it's raining, I'm tired from unpacking till 2am, and the Cowboys are playing what looks like their last game of the post-season (pray HARD). So I'm off for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment