IT'S SNOWING!!!!!
Actually, I just looked out the window and it's stopped now. But it's been snowing all day. We have about 5-6 inches or so... enough to make it super super white outside! Al and I went to the White House today to take the tour. I LOVED IT. I'm already planning on going back a few times this semester. Obama apparently was there getting ready to go to the Georgetown/Duke game in a couple of hours because his whole motorcade was getting lined up outside the door.
After that, we headed to the metro to go to Chinatown, by way of Starbucks. Starbucks is a wonderful thing, and DC is a wonderful city for having one on every block. When we got down in the Metro Center stop, it was PACKED. Then we realized... it's the Georgetown/Duke game today. EVERY time we want to go to Chinatown, there's a game going on at the Verizon Center. So we got to Chinatown after struggling through the masses, and realized people were going UP the DOWN escalator because there were so many people. We're always up for adventure, so we went with the crowd. Of course, the people WOULD stop right in front of us right at the top, so that threw us off, which throws off the WHOLE escalator full of people. And I would be the one person who tripped. Yeah, that was fun....
We went and got Chinese food, which was delicious on a cold, wintry day. After that, we decided to look around for a bookstore, but ran across an Ann Taylor Loft store with a 50% of already-reduced clearance sale. Yeah, we hit that up and got some cute cute cute stuff. By the time that was over, it was time to go to the movie theater right next door, where we were gonna see When in Rome.
Word of Advice: GO SEE WHEN IN ROME. NOW. DO IT.
By then, we were just about tired of snow and walking, so we headed back home. It's cold, and now I'm sitting on my bed, wishing I had a snuggie right about now. That would be nice...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment