Friday, January 22, 2010

Weekend!

Today, I got to work a little bit early, and immediately began sorting the mail. It’s becoming more and more clear to me what issues go to whom. I also had to answer a lot of phone calls and deal with some constituents and pro-lifers who came in today because of the March for Life. A couple of men came in asking to use our copier, and since it was being worked on by maintenance, I offered to go to a nearby office and just casually ask to use theirs, even though they were Democrats, and the paper was a pro-life paper. It worked! My badge is good for something! At 2pm, I went with our Staff Assistant to go give a tour of the Capitol. I was actually able to contribute a lot of information to the tour, and I know that it will be easy when I start doing it by myself in the next couple of weeks. Apparently I’ll give 5-6 tours a week. I’m starting to figure out the tunnels now took, somewhat. It’s so complicated underground! I don’t understand it! Later on this afternoon, I went over to Rayburn to the Gold Room to help with a reception for a little while. The reception was basically just to refresh the pro-lifers who were marching. They stayed for about 30 minutes longer than we were planning. Something like 400 people came though in a couple of hours. I also had a woman come in who wanted to talk to our energy LA, and when she wasn’t available; I basically had to do that job and listen to her, and take her message down.


After Alex and I got off work, we decided to go out to dinner, and we went to Good Stuff off of Pennsylvania SE and 3rd street.... it was okay. Pretty good burger, okay fries, and a shake I couldn't finish. And it was packed so there wasn't seating and we had to stand and eat at a counter. It was also overpriced. I don't know if it was worth going back or not. Then we went back to the room, and were told by some girls down the hall that a mouse ran from their room to our room at 2am this morning. GREAT. So now there's a mouse on the loose. We had a guy from our hall come with us to Georgetown tonight; neither one of them had gone and Alex was AMAZED. They have some super good shopping there: H&M, Coach, American Apparel, and a lot else. We're going back with time and money sometime haha. We just got home about 45 minutes ago, and we're wiped.


Definitely sleeping in tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment