Out of the entire two weeks that I've been there, today has been the most un-productive day I've ever had. Congress wasn't in session, and there wasn't a republican member in town, so everything was DEAD. So there was a lot of facebooking and people magazine-looking going on. I did help lead one tour. That was interesting. It was a couple who were probably both around 50 years old and their 10 year old neice. They knew NOTHING about politics. I had to explain to them about the Clinton Scandal because they didn't even know he was in the process of getting impeached back then. Or that it had anything to do with the Monica Lewinsky scandal. Incredible!It's like they skipped the 90's! Sometimes, I feel like maybe I didn't really learn anything much of any importance during my 3 years of college, but when I have an experience like that, it reminds me that I did!
I had one of the most bizarre phone conversations of my life yesterday. A homeless constituent called and gave me his life story (all 60+ some odd years) including his heart condition, and his views on how TV should be like it was in the 50's, when "kissing wasn't even allowed on TV!!!!" When I asked for his name at the end, he said "Jenny... I'm transgendered." WHOA. That was a shocker. I had NO idea that I had spent the last 20+ mins talking to a... woman? Man? I don't know. It was certainly bizarre.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment