Sunday, January 24, 2010

Right now, I'm downstairs waiting on my laundry. Thankfully, the laundry here is F-R-E-E!! That's unheard of. I'm especially glad because I have 2 loads since I haven't done laundry since I left home almost 2 weeks ago. So this is nice...

Yesterday was super fun and relaxing. Al and I slept in till around noonish. Kinda. Our window faces east, so we woke up around 9:30 thinking it was noon, and then rolled over and went back to sleep. That has to be one of the best feelings in the world. After that we got up and got ready to meet up with her cousin who lives here in DC somewhere, and we hung out with him and his friend for the afternoon. We went to the Air and Space Museum, and then went to Chinatown to grab some dinner. The museum was okay; aviation runs in my family, so I've seen a lot of it/planes just don't fascinate me. We had planned on going to this restaurant called Matchbox in Chinatown, but once we got there, we realized there was a Caps game going on, and that it was worthless to even try. So we went to Potbelly instead. I've found a new favorite sandwich place now. It's delicious. And apparently they have great shakes too. After that, Al and I went home and brainlessly watched TV for a couple of hours since we were tired. We had wanted to go to church at Ebenezer coffee shop, but we didn't know where it was and what time it was at, so we didn't go. Next week.

Today we slept in, woke up, and went out to Chinatown again. This time we DID go to Matchbox and get pizza and soup. I got the Crab Chowder soup and it was to DIE for. It's worth it to just go and get that. It's got huge chunks of real crab in it. So good. The pizza was pretty good too, but it was definitely overpriced. We found an Urban Outfitters near there too, which was exciting. They had tons of cute stuff on sale... for $30. What's with it and overpriced stuff here!? Sheesh.

And now I'm sitting here on the floor, waiting for my laundry, so I can have spiffy clothes to wear for the next couple of weeks. Clothes are good. Clean clothes are really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment