Wednesday, January 20, 2010
I started work yesterday! It's really great. Everyone in our office is pretty young... under 30 except for 2 of them. So that keeps our office pretty moving. I've been having to do busywork alot, but that's okay with me. So far I've gotten things from cars, gotten things from storage, answered constituent calls, dealt with mail and people's daily readings, brought reports to a Republican strategy meeting, and done data imput. Tomorrow I'm taking the grand tour of the Capitol building so I can GIVE the grand tours of the Capitol. I've walked all around the tunnels under the Capitol and the House buildings... there's SO much under there! There's a Starbucks (of course), a dry cleaners, a gift shop, a shoe shining place, a cafeteria, a take out food place, and this really cool "store" where you bring a special pass from your office and you have your run of ALL kinds of office supplies and odd stuff. It's fantastic! Also, did you know there's a pharmacy off of the Hall of Columns in the Capitol? It's not marked, but there is. I got my badge today too... the FIRST thing the people in my office told me was to not take the lanyard option at ALL costs, but to take the clip option. Interns can hide their clippie badge, but the lanyard screams "newbie!" I also have a House email account now... if ya can figure it out, you can email me. ; )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment