Monday, January 18, 2010

So here I am sitting on my bed again, wishing that when I looked out my window that it looked like what it looks like across the hall when they look out THEIR windows. They have a full-blown view of the Capitol building in all its glory over there! Sigh.

Today, Al and I went on a little tour/survival trip. It started off with her first Metro ride from Union Station, which is all of 5 minutes away from our dorm. We went to the American History Smithsonian, and took all kinds of good pictures. After that, we were hungry, so we went over to Old Post Office, where we ate and overlooked the city. Then, we went to the Archives, so Al could see the documents; she was ecstatic. By then, our feet were KILLING us. Rule #1 of walking in DC: go ahead and carry flats with you always. Heels will fail you. Every time. Even boots. So we went to the Target off of the Columbia Heights stop, which was INCREDIBLE. I've never seen a 2-story Target that starts on the second floor of a building, which also houses a Best Buy, Payless, and Marshalls. Craziness. This Target had a contraption where you put your buggy on this thing, and it brings it down the escalator with you from the 3rd to the 2nd floor. Fancy big-city stuff, right there.

After our big adventure on our second day in DC, we went home and crashed. I went ahead and did my DLP work, which I got 100's on. So I'm done with classes for the week, AND I have straight A's so far. Hallelujah! Makes the rest of my week so much less stressful!

No comments:

Post a Comment