Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Today I got to shadow Mr. Pitts for the day. It started around noon when I went with him down to the floor to watch him give a one-minute. The people at the check-in desk up at the gallery must hate their jobs. It must stink to work right next to the largest body of legislators in the free-world *sarcasm*. After that, we headed over to a luncheon for an essay contest. A kid from our district won, so we went to congratulate him... and get free food. You can get free food a lot where I work. And excellent food at that. Then we went to an Energy & Commerce hearing, where I sat right behind Mr. Pitts. I was on TV... close-up. CSPAN, but hey, it's TV.


My dad saw me, so it counts. We then ran over to the Human Rights Tom Lantos hearing on Vietnam, and that was super interesting. Between that, we had meetings with different people, like the AIPAC groups and the CEO of Heinz ketchup. Yes, we discussed ketchup. We discuss everything. You name it, there's an interest-group. And they want money.

So all in all, it was an interesting day. Had a lot to do...

1 comment:

  1. Wow. If that isn't the most obvious "texting" body expression in the WORLD, then I don't know what else is! BAHAHAHA! Nice kid. Very nice! =)

    ReplyDelete