It's snowing... AGAIN! We got about six inches of snow a couple of days ago, and we're supposed to be getting about that much again tonight. If we're lucky (and Al and I are wearing our pj's inside out tonight for good luck), work will be taking off tomorrow. That would be AMAZING... snow day!
Last night, I suddenly realized just how long this internship's going to be. I mean, I love it and all, and I love the office I'm in. But I really started missing some people last night, and I really want to just get out and expand my horizons a little bit. Yeah, it's great practicality-wise to live right next to the Capitol and where I work, but on the other hand, it feels a little contained because I go to work, go home, and stay within about a mile of the same spot ALL the time unless it's the weekend. I see about the same 10 people all the time, and I love being with them and all, but at the same time, four months of 10 people feels a little like a reality TV show.
Also, on a lighter note, don't take things for granted. Today the blind people's association of America or something came by and there were literally dozens, maybe hundreds of blind people roaming the hallways of the buildings. They're all super nice people and all, but they're not all completely blind. Some of them can even read. Going with the assumption that they're completely blind just leads to some awkward situations. Not that I had any... but I experienced/heard some...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment