The last two days have been c-r-a-z-y... until today. It's as dead as the grave here right now. Votes are over and members have all gone home. Plus we have 2 sick staffers, two at home, the COS is out, and others have been in and out. So I've been the only one consistently here right now.
I've had some possible job connections come up in PA. I'm working on that right now. All I gotta say is networking is king in politics. Definitely. None of this would come about without my internship.
Also, for the record Joe Pitts is not going to vote for public funding of abortion through health-care. We've had a lot of constituents call about that, and obviously none have heard about the Stupak-Pitts amendment. That works out great for publicity though... they become major fans when we tell them about that.
It has been ridiculously windy outside. Like, there's gale-force winds out there. I've never seen anything like it, and I'm in love with it. Wind is so amazing. It kinda reminds me of God actually in that when you wait for things to happen, and life feels so still and stagnant, sometimes it feels like nothing is going to happen. Then, all of the sudden, out of nowhere, this incredible force comes and has the strength to move unmovable things and push you in directions you may not want to go. All of this power comes from something invisible that you can't see, and you don't know where it came from, and you have no control over it. It's pretty crazy to think about.
It's also officially 10 minutes away from the weekend right now. Woot!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment