Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Some of the snow melted today... bumm-o. I spent my entire walk to work making enormous snowball and chucking them at signs. I missed a lot.
1.)Because I'm a lousy pitcher and
2.) I'm from Texas, we don't throw snowballs. Give me a break.

We're supposedly going to have another "blizzard" like the one back in December. It's gonna be a *minimum* of a foot of snow, up to 20 inches. So I'm satisfied. That will be just fine with me. I think I'm going to go build a snowman army on the Mall.

Tim Tebow was in my office building today. Did I casually/frantically go walk around and look for him? You betcha.

I learned a lot about the Amish today, seeing as they're in my district. I got to read a 2008 copy of The Budget, which is their newspaper. It's so cute! It has little articles in it from tons of little Amish communities all around the country, and they say things like "Fall is beginning to show its face around these parts, the ragweed is starting to show. Ada Hostetler wasn't able to make it to the church function this week because she was feeling poorly; Mabel Stoltzfus went and brought her some chicken stock for dinner that night." TONS of things like that. We call it Amish Twitter.

Also, I had to try to explain a bill to an Amish man today. It was about milk producing. He called because he was wanting to know what it was about since he was told to vote yes on it. So I pulled it up on our handy dandy little congressional site that tells us cool stuff about bills, and got the summary for him. I figured, "he's Amish, he'll know what this stuff means..." Stuff like Class II milk producers and all. If you're in the business, you'll know that right? Nope. He was just a nosy/curious Amish man who had no concern for the bill really, he just wanted to know what it meant. He had nothing to do with dairy. I have nothing to do with dairy. It was the blind leading the blind. Made for a good conversation though.

No comments:

Post a Comment