Today was such a CRAZY long day.
It started off with my (now) daily Starbucks run. Lest you think I'm made of money (which I'm not), I'm letting you know and setting the record straight in saying I get a tall drip coffee. Enough to jumpstart me, and I get to walk around with a fancy cup and look good for $3 less than everyone else probably pays for their soy, skim, no-foam junk.
I got to the office and spent an hour or so doing piddly work around the office, and then remembered "Oh yeahhhhhh... the Toyota hearings are today... I should check into that." Lo and behold I was allowed and able to go, so I met Alex down in the tunnels and we went. It was a MOB down there. Nobody knew where anyone was supposed to be, especially where staffers were supposed to go, and the press was going buck wild. Then there was a whole line of Toyota dealers and homeless people waiting to get in. Turns out, people PAY homeless guys to stand in line for these kinds of things so they can just walk right up. I'm not a fan, personally. So after standing in that line for about 30 minutes, a homeless guy got a little obstinate with me and Al and was like "Did you cut in line??" which we kinda did, but there wasn't quite a straight, single-file line so it didn't matter in the long run, and a Toyota exec turned around and was like "Oh they're ok, they're staff. You do know you can just walk right in, right?" Ohhhh weird. Cause when we tried that they told us to get in line. Hm. So we go into the Committee office, and they were like "um, let's see." Well, by the end, we were in a couch in the office next to the hearing watching it on TV like in the overflow room, except we had a couch and A/C and they didn't. So we still kinda won. Kinda. I did almost get on CNN accidently... I was standing next to the girl on TV.
After that I got back to the office where I was immediately sent to the Capitol to go get prescriptions. Bet you didn't know there's a pharmacy off of the crypt hm? Random place, I know, but it's there. On my way there, who do I run into but MY congressman! I stopped him and introduced myself, and he was the nicest guy ever. He was like "Why didn't you intern for ME?!?" and I explained how he was already full when I applied... but that I'd LOVE to work for him here in May, hint, hint. He seemed open to the idea, so we'll see if anything opens up!
Also, we had some random Canadian senators come by our office today. So technically, I met some foreign dignitaries. They were super nice. I didn't mention how we beat them in hockey though... it wasn't the polite thing to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment