Thursday, February 4, 2010

Today was a TON of walking. I only sat at my desk for about an hour today, tops.

I had to bring something to the congressman at the House floor.

I had to bring something to a staffer next to the House floor.

I had to go all over kingdom come (which means all 3 HOB buildings), and get signatures for a letter we're sending to Thailand. Apparently they're being mean to Burmese people.

I was able to get all of the signatures I needed except four. So I was sent back to go try again, as well as get about 5 more signatures. As well as the occasional phone call to give me more names to get.

So I got those, except for ONE signature, the MOST important signature, and I had to go back and get that. TWO buildings over. As well as a few more signatures.

This took about four hours. I didn't get lunch today. Now that's dedication, folks.

Soooooo, needless to say, my feet hurt.

MEANWHILE:

I get an email at work saying that the power will be out for about six hours. That turned into about 8-9 hours. The power just came on a few minutes ago, actually. So we weren't supposed to come back till around 7. Al and I found this awesome restaurant called Chop't off of G and 12th. It's so amazing. It's like Cold Stone for salad. Love it. We also found a Barnes & Noble, which is good stuff too.

So we got back to the apartment, and it's PITCH black inside. So a whole bunch of us interns got together and talked and all in the hallway. And some random kid from another hall that we think was high. We don't know why he wanted to hang out with us...But we had lanterns that the power people gave us, and it was good times. Lots of laughing...

I gotta go to work tomorrow. Al doesn't. Poop.

No comments:

Post a Comment