Today we slept- alot. Till like, noon. We were wiped. Then I woke up.... lounged around..... read a book...... and took a nap. For like, two hours. It was ridiculous. We had great plans of going out to dinner and going shopping at Target and stuff, and we totally canceled it because we just felt like sleeping. And it was a great nap.
So we woke up around 6pm and felt convinced of being the bums we are, so we decided to go grab late dinner at Hard Rock Cafe. So we got there around 8pm, and there was a wait for a little while so we sat outside on the steps of Ford's Theatre (where Lincoln was shot), and stood in front of it. Then this super-sketchy guy came and stood about 10 feet away from us. So Al suddenly acted all excited about going inside and was like "Hey! Let's go check out the shop inside the cafe!" So we started walking towards the restaurant. The guy was wearing swishy pants, and so we could hear that he started following us, and that his steps were getting faster behind me and to my right. I realized that this guy was going to go for my purse on my right shoulder, so I whipped around and looked right at him... and scared him off I guess.
After that, we went back home, but we ran into Chris and Danny at Union Station, so we went and hung out with them at McDonalds for a while. On the way back, Chris and I passed a tie shop, so we started talking about how we're both tie fans. He mentioned that he just got a sweet tie from the House Gift Shop. Later, he stopped by my room to show me, and we decided to learn how to tie it. Thirty minutes later, he still couldn't figure it out, after I showed him a million times. Al is standing there holding the floor length mirror for him and we had a youtube video up. So the one random non-LU guy on our hall walks by, and we asked him if he knew how to tie it, and he said "No! But my boy Keith does down in 410. Go down there right now and ask him, and tell him Anthony sent you." I was pretty sure we'd get shot or Keith had just lost a bet or something, but we all four went down there, and Keith and 2 of the other people in the room answered the door, wine glasses in hand, and showed us how to tie it! It was hysterically awkward, but they were super nice... and tipsy. The best part was at the end, when we awkwardly introduced ourselves... the girl was like "so what are y'all up to up there?... you seem awfully.... sober...." and we were like "yep. we are." And one of the guys goes "Y'all can't drink at Liberty right" And we were like .... "yeah... LU tends to frown on that...sooo... Thanks! See ya!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I saw a rat in front of Fords Theater once. It was huge. I thought you should know.
ReplyDelete